Thursday, August 08, 2013

Blue Jasmine

I might be back in the mode of wanting to see every Woody Allen movie that comes out. He seems to be back in at least making every movie being at least somewhat worthy. I enjoyed the last one every though it wasn't great. This one is a better overall movie and much different.

It has a light tone at times but it ended up reminding me of some of his darker 70s stuff. Granted, this is no Interiors but it is not light. I loved seeing Louis C.K. in a Woody Allen film and Bobby Cannavale was great in his usual Bobby Cannavale kind of way.

And Cate Blanchett was pretty stellar in a comedically infuriating way. I always like Sally Hawkins as well. I've enjoyed the European locales in recent Woody Allen films but loved seeing San Francisco in this one. I hope he keeps making films with different American cities as the backdrops in future films. The man is still going strong.

Directed by Woody Allen
2013
BAM

No comments: