Monday, July 22, 2013

Despicable Me 2

I enjoyed the first film in this franchise more than I thought I would. I wish I could say the same about this one though. It was not good.

Let me count the ways --
- Not funny at all.
- Too much minions stuff. Enough already.
- It was strangely sexualized.
- It was way too casually racist. I can't believe Ken Jeong bought into  being part of this.

The first one was sweet and fun. I like the idea of a bumbling villain becoming a good guy despite himself. When he already starts as a good guy, I guess the only thing to do is have way too many minions and a love interest.

Sam liked when the minions turned purple which I guess was the most amusing part of the movie. Both boys said they liked it afterwards and are already counting down the days to Despicable Me 3. 

Directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud
2013
Memphis

No comments: