Sunday, May 19, 2013

Brave

When we visited at Chris and Mary's lake house back in the winter, there was a showing of this film. I took a nap.

For some reason, I wasn't that interested in this movie. But I was wrong. I should not doubt Pixar unless there is a Nascar theme. I'm not sure what I thought was going to be mediocre about this film but it is really good. Perhaps it seemed like a pretty pedestrian story line to me? But there's always room for witches and magic potions and moms turning into bears, right? And one of the things I was struck by while watching this with the boys is that they don't know anything about witches and magic potions as plot devices. It is a brave new world.

I still wouldn't rank this as one of my favorite Pixar films ever but that's mostly about its competition than anything else. I'm glad I was wrong about this movie.

Directed by Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman, and Steve Purcell
Blu-ray
2012

No comments: