This was exactly what I expected it would be and that's a good thing. Entertaining as hell.
1. This is only the 2nd Bradley Cooper movie I've seen and he wasn't half bad!
2. When was the last time Robert De Niro was actually in something good? Welcome back Bobby!
3. Jacki Weaver has to get another Oscar nomination for this, right? A completely different role than her one in Animal Kingdom, but still remarkably similar - moms who love their kids. Crabby snacks and homemades might be the best line of the year.
4. I could have watched at least two more hours of Jennifer Lawrence dancing.
5. That last dance scene was really damn funny and the most Flirting With Disaster-like I've seen David O. Russell try to pull off since that film.
6. I'd love to see a sequel pitting Robert de Niro's character with Angelica Huston's Bills loving charcter in Buffalo 66.
7. Sujan thought that both the Danny Elfman score and the rock soundtrack were both very good. I agree.
8. Chris Tucker!!!!