Thursday, January 17, 2013

Amour

I've seen most of Michael Haneke's films since moving to NYC. And there hasn't been one even remotely like this one. I like the change. I also like his crazy other films as well though.

Three of the last four years, there has been a majorly hyped foreign film that has come out at the very end of the year that played at Film Forum. I loved the other two films. By those standards, I was a little disappointed by this one. But comparing this to Haneke's earlier film The White Ribbon and last year's A Separation really isn't fair, is it? This is a much different film.

I really don't have much to say about this movie. It was very good. The acting was great. The direction was great. 

I guess all there is to say is -- it's heartbreaking but so is life. Getting old is a bitch.

Directed by Michael Haneke
2012
Film Forum

No comments: