Monday, November 12, 2012

Looper

I was not a big fan of Rian Johnson's first film. I haven't seen his second. But I've got to admit that I really dig the third. Looper is kind of awesome.

Yes, Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks really weird but I got used to it. And yes, Marc read so much into the plot developments that it ended up kind of ruining the movie for him at times. He came up with so many questions as he was watching it that didn't even occur to me because I was simply enjoying the fun of it all.

As we discussed the movie on the bus ride home, his questions about different time travel scenarios made me like the film even more.

I love time travel stuff.
I love sci fi that feels somewhat realistic.
And apparently I love Bruce Willis again.

Directed by Rian Johnson
2012
Court St. 

No comments: