Sunday, June 03, 2012

Kung Fu Panda 2

The boys didn't love this at first but were won over by the end. In particular, Otis was won over by the scene where Kung Fu Panda made the gorilla carry him up the stairs on his back. I think Otis was taking notes on how to get me to always carry him around.

The ambition of this movie is pretty intriguing. They could have just coasted on the good name of the first film but instead they created a dark tale of questioning one's identity and of evil turkeys.

I was a little bored by action scenes in this one though. I remember liking them a bit more in the first film. The boys liked the action scenes though and kept asking if Kung Fu Panda was going to fight when each scene began. 

Directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson
2011
HBO

1 comment:

A New Kind of Literary Critic... said...

Yes, I agree. This movie did not need a sequel.
Respectfully,
Joy Johnson
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/JoyJohnson