Monday, May 07, 2012

The Hunger Games

This was pretty entertaining but a few weeks after seeing it, I don't remember much about it.

This is what I remember:
- some funny costumes that weren't as over-the-top as The Fifth Element's costumes

- some youngsters being killed in a not as stylish a manner as the murders in Logan's Run

- a host not as good as Richard Dawson in The Running Man

- some school kids getting killed in a not as over-the-top way as Battle Royale

- bloodlust from the crowds that was not as campy as Flash Gordon's

I definitely respect this film and the story and where it's obviously heading. Donald Sutherland's hair was spectacular. Lenny Kravitz was Kravitzlicious. Jennifer Lawrence was great. I bet the book is much better of course. If I were 15-years-old, I'm sure I'd think this movie was the shit. But I'm not 15. So I'll just give it a solid B- or so and move along.

Directed by Gary Ross
2012
34th St.

No comments: