Thursday, February 09, 2012

Bill Cunningham New York

Until I saw this movie, I've got to admit that I didn't really pay that much attention to Bill's photos in the Sunday Times. I always would give it a cursory glance before powering onto something else in the paper.

I didn't quite get the brilliance of the photographs until I understood the brilliance of the man himself. Whether or not you know anything about the man or not, this is a must see documentary. It's so good that I wanted more. I could have watched at least another thirty more minutes of the man in action. He's a relic of another era - a New York treasure. And I can't believe I didn't know anything about him until now.

Plus there are at least two or three people in this that deserve their own movies.

I just wish someone could convince the man to wear a helmet while riding his bike from event to event.

Check out out the trailer and you'll be hooked.


Directed by Richard Press
2011
DVD

1 comment:

Mondale said...

Watching that trailer has brightened up my day. thank you.