Sunday, October 16, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon

I could tell that this would have looked fantastic in 3-D. In 2-D though, I was pretty bored. As was Otis. The boys and I watched this in three installments. Sam liked it all but I think he just liked snuggling with me on the couch while it was on. Otis spent the first third playing with Legos. The second third he spent running back and forth between watching the movie and listening to Nick Lowe and other favorites in his room. By the final installment, he was actually watching it but it almost felt like it was out of a sense of obligation.

Basically, my main problem with it was I didn't care about anything that was going on and Jay Baruchel really can't carry a movie even if in theory, the dragons were carrying him.

Directed by Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders
2010
HBO

2 comments:

youthlarge said...

My takeaway from the snippets I overheard: Jay Baruchel SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN be allowed to voice a character. Who the hell wants to listen to that?

Anonymous said...

Viking H8TRS, I loved it.