Things I liked:
- Sookie I've missed you! Melissa McCarthy needs her own movie.
- The Wilson Phillips gag was funny.
- Some really funny slapstick moments.
- The whole vibe of the movie.
So what didn't I love?
- Too long as usual, Judd Apatow style.
- The Richie Rich characters were so boring and poorly written.
- Even with the gag scenes, it felt a little too safe for me.
- A lot of it was very awkwardly (in a bad way) set up and some of it just wasn't as funny as it thought it was - case in point was the excruciatingly not funny scene with Kristin Wiig and Rose Bryne trying to one up each other with their speeches at the party. I would have expected Paul Feig, the Freaks and Geeks mastermind, to shoot awkward scenes well.
All in all, I'd give this a solid B to B+ rating but I wanted something in the A territory. I hope this doesn't mean I hate women. I mean, that Jon Hamm was such a jerk, right? Right?
Directed by Paul Feig