Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Another Year

Yet another great Mike Leigh movie. Why haven't I seen them all? I really like every single one that I see.

This one is one of the most realistic and saddest portrayals I've ever seen of loneliness. The Mary character kills me. Every character in this film is well written and well acted. Every single character - no matter how minor could easily be the main character of their own movie.

The story is told over the course of four separate days spread out over each season during one year. When the film ended, I wanted a sequel - Another Another Year perhaps?

This is definitely a film told by an expert filmmaker at the peak of his powers. Brilliant.

Directed by Mike Leigh
2010
Blu-ray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This movie straight blew chunks. I wanted to punch it in the face.

hater larry