Monday, April 11, 2011

Your Highness

This is exactly what you'd expect out of a movie like this. And that's not a bad thing at all. I think I enjoyed Pineapple Express more at the time but I'm not sure if that movie would hold up at this point. I remember that movie dragged on a little too long. But it did have a Huey Lewis song. Then again, this one had Natalie Portman in her skivvies and Zooey Deschanel without either M. Ward or Ben Gibbard mucking things up.

This makes me want to see The Beastmaster again and super quick. The silliness quotient couldn't have been higher and that's good. Kenny Powers in a medieval fantasy adventure? I think that definitely would make a great season 3 of Eastbound and Down - it would be much better than Mexico.

Basically, I think the highest compliment I can give this movie is that I'm pretty sure Daniel Desario's Dungeons and Dragons character, Carlos the Dwarf, would have loved this movie. And if not, Sam, Neal, Bill, Harris, and Gordon Crisp definitely would have loved it.



Directed by David Gordon Green
2011
Battery Park

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great review! I can't wait to see it again.