Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rango

This movie is notable for being Sam and Otis's first ever movie experience in a theater.

Sam fell asleep 30 minutes into it but loved what he saw. Otis stayed awake until the credits started. He ate a lot of pretzels and cookies while watching. They loved the previews and kept calling out "More movies" as each one ended. When a new preview began, they cheered.

The movie itself was a bit of a letdown for them.

I enjoyed it enough though. Not the best thing I've ever seen but I respect how weird it was. First of all, how many Hunter S. Thompson references are there in kids' movies? I liked the Western aspect of it as well. The beginning was great. The Man With No Name reference was interesting. Otis was upset though that the producers cast Timothy Olyphant in that role rather than Clint.

This movie clearly was not made for 6-year-olds let alone toddlers. But I knew that going in. I just wanted to take the boys to a movie. And they passed with flying colors. They were respectful moviegoers and darn cute as well. What will be movie # 2?

Directed by Gore Verbinski
2011
34th St.

3 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

Dogtooth, perhaps?

Chris said...

timothy olyphant>clint eastwood....yeah i said it

hater larry

Shivery McPickles said...

Wait... I agree with Hater Larry. Please, don't shoot.