Saturday, February 26, 2011

Exit Through the Gift Shop

God, I hope this wins an Oscar tomorrow. I've been intrigued by Banksy since first reading about him six years ago. This documentary or "documentary" only furthers the legend of the man while making him even more mysterious. What will happen if he wins? Will he send up Marlon Brando's Native American to claim the prize? Who the hell is Banksy? Hell, it could be anyone.

The more I think about this film and the many layers of it, the more I like it. I don't even really want to get into the description of it because that will ruin the fun. I'll just say that it's a brilliant document of a modern art movement while also (perhaps) being the ultimate example of it. Either that or it's all utter bullshit.

Either way, the film is fascinating.

Directed by Banksy
2010
DVD

3 comments:

Matt Moline said...

Better than Toy Story?

Listmaker said...

my list (paltry as it is) will be posted later today on listmaker.

Matt Moline said...

Sweet.

Depending on the day, either this or Inception was my favorite of the year.