Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Informant

I was familiar with the story from the Fresh Air piece but I had forgotten some of the details. I still can't get over how deluded Mark Whitacre was. Lie after unbelievable lie and for years he got away with it. Insane. I guess if a person can convince himself that he's the good guy than he can rationalize anything.

The direction is light and breezy, Ocean's 11 style. I like hearing Whitacre's thoughts throughout the movie especially as he's being cornered at the end. A smart, breezy little picture with a bunch of comedians and a fat Matt Damon sporting a silly moustache. Good stuff.

Directed by Stephen Soderbergh
2009
Blu-ray

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

i really liked this movie. my favorite part was when he was all impressed with the wall street journal stipple portrait if himself. incredible.