Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Zombieland

I love zombie movies. I love zombie parody movies.

Unfortunately, this is no Shaun of the Dead. The tone is never really funny enough or scary enough. It sort of exists in a netherworld of This is entertaining enough to keep watching.

That is for one segment - the Bill Murray cameo. Hilarious! Every moment of it is comedy gold. In fact, I'd gladly watch that part 6 times in a row rather than watch the whole movie one more time. If you haven't seen this movie, just seek out that 10 minute or so part. I nominate it for Best Short of 2009!

Let's see - what else?
Woody Harrelson is fine I guess in a Woody Harrelson kind of way.

Jesse Eisenberg was too nerdy and annoying. I want him to play more of a jerk like the one he played in The Squid and the Whale again.

I don't think I like that girl from Little Miss Sunshine much.

Emma Stone is hott!!

I did like all the rules that Eisenberg's character came up with to survive zombies. I do like me some lists.

Directed by Ruben Fleischer
2009
DVD

3 comments:

Fred Swayze said...

Couldn't agree more. It was just meh. But man did Bill Murray kill it! So unexpected!

Also, you may have ruined the surprise for those not in the know. But once it's on DVD, it's kind of out there anyway.

Crispin H. Glover said...

i just tried watching this last night and couldn't make it past 20 minutes. like 500 days of summer, i knew i was in for trouble in the first 5 seconds. i hate jesse eisenberg.

Listmaker said...

sean,

even if you know he's in it, it doesn't ruin the brilliance.

jeremy,
you missed bill murray!