Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Notorious

I feel like such a jerk for not absolutely loving this movie but so be it. I was a little bored. There were definitely good moments but I just couldn't get into it.

Don't get me wrong though. Cary Grant was fabulous. Ingrid Bergman was scrumptious. And Claude Rains was evil.

But my mind wandered throughout. There was some espionage. There was some sultry goings-on within the limits of the production code. There was definitely some interesting stuff going on but the suspense never built to a fever pitch like I was hoping it would. I'm fully willing to give this another shot someday since it is supposed to be a classic but my first viewing left me feeling a bit letdown.

What am I missing?

Directed by Alfred Hitchcock
1946
TCM

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

i felt the same way - good but a bit boring at times. i feel the same way about vertigo. the endless driving around san francisco leaves me sleepy.