Monday, March 01, 2010

Bronson

What a disappointment. After watching the first two parts of the Pusher trilogy, I was super excited to see this. But I was equal parts bored and annoyed with it.

Bronson tells the true story of England's (supposedly) most famous criminal. The man has spent 34 years in prison - 30 in solitary confinement. Born Michael Peterson, he morphs into the character Charles Bronson in his mind because Bronson is a badass.

Some of the scenes are interesting but the whole thing is way too self conscious and stylized for me. And the monologue scenes in front of an audience drove me crazy.

Screw this - I should have finished the Pusher trilogy instead.

I did like his awesome 'stache though.

Directed by Nicholas Winding Refn
2009
Blu-ray

1 comment:

Fred Swayze said...

Rebecca would also like me to point out that she commented several times on his "sad penis". And that no matter how good the performance, women everywhere now know what an odd stump he's packing.