Thoughts I had while watching this movie:
1. I assume the book is much better and actually gives one a sense of the characters. I had no idea what made these characters tick, who they were, or why I should care. They were miserable wankers from beginning to end.
2. I hate the suburbs as much as the next guy but come on, Sam Mendes, is kind of overplaying his hand.
3. Why not just quit the day job and move to Greenwich Village or something?
4. I want to watch Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage, the end of Season 3 of Mad Men, or Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? again to actually see some better filmed marital fighting.
5. This movie was about as subtle as Titanic but not nearly as much fun. Maybe it needed a Billy Zane appearance?
6. When was that very first scene with the play and drive home supposed to take place? They backtrack from there but it is never clear where in the course of events it takes place? Maybe I just missed it - I did watch this movie in the middle of the night.
Directed by Sam Mendes
Nationals 9 Mets 7, 10 innings
7 hours ago