Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Wicker Man

What the hell? I mean ... what the hell? What a movie! What a MOVIE! I can't believe I had never seen this before.

I had no idea what to expect and I can't quite believe what I saw. Brilliant. I need to watch it again.

I mean I knew it was a cult classic and all but I had no idea. Things were a little off from the beginning but from the moment that the trusty police officer walks outside at night and finds six couples copulating in the grass, I really knew I was in for it.

Things keep taking more and more of a crazy turn but nothing beats the bang up ending. Wow.

My only complaint about this is that this scene is nowhere to be found.

I think I need to watch the remake right now.

Directed by Robin Hardy
1973
TCM

2 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

One of my favorites. repeat viewings lose nothing because what is there to lose? this movie is a genre unto itself and i can't bring myself to watch the remake.

Shivery McPickles said...

I have seen the YouTube Nic Cage medley so many times. I can't bring myself to watch the full LaBute version, but should probably watch the original. You've convinced me.