Friday, November 20, 2009

Drag Me to Hell

I was expecting to like this but not quite as much as I did. I loved it. I had a big grin on my face the entire time. I haven't seen a movie this absolutely out of control crazy fun since ... since I guess Evil Dead 2. So silly. So gross. So great. I almost watched this again right after finishing it. From beginning to end, this movie is nonstop perfection. Really.

The hallmarks of the Sam Raimi of old are all here. The absurdity. The corniness. The dazzling Raimi filmwork. The over the top gore. I hope he never goes back to Spider-Man. I want more movies like this. I'm giggling with glee even as I type this review.

Is it me or is Allison Lohman a dead ringer for the young Jennifer Jason Leigh? In fact, the only not great element of this movie is Justin Long. Then again, he plays the part of the clueless boyfriend so he works in the role.

I want more people I know to see this so we can talk about all of the great moments. See it!

Directed by Sam Raimi
2009
Blu-ray

1 comment:

Crispin H. Glover said...

I will certainly see this now. I was on the fence but you have pushed me over. I was just reading about Army of Darkness and reminiscing over how awesome that is and now i'm super excited for for Raimi madness. you almost killed my excitement by mentioning justin long but i won't let him ruin my fun.