From the moment I heard about this movie, I was incredibly excited to see it. And while it isn't quite as good as I was hoping, it is still damn entertaining. I really look forward to seeing it for a second time.
- The first scene is tense as hell and is downright incredible filmmaking.
- The climax is over the top crazy fun.
- By setting a movie in the 40's, Tarantino forced himself to not have wall to wall pop culture references. Death Proof basically felt like 4 Tarantinos conversing with each other through the mouths of 4 female characters.
- Scalping Nazis is awesome.
- The King Kong analogy during the bar scene is pretty great.
- A little too long I'd say. He easily could have trimmed 1-2 minutes from many scenes throughout the film.
- Mike Myers? Really? Why? It's like Tarantino is so arrogant that he thinks he can resurrect the career of anyone even if it is only one scene. Easily the worst cameo in anything since David Schwimmer's embarrassing role in Band of Brothers. Then again, Tom Cruise's role in Tropic Thunder might be the worst thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Loved it the second time!
Directed by Quentin Tarantino
Leaf Collecting Field Trip
1 week ago