Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Hangover

This movie just keeps piling on absurdity after absurdity. Some miss, but most hit. I didn't love it as much as some of my friends did but it sure as hell is better than Amy H's succinct review - "$5.75 per laugh." Ouch. Those are fighting words in some circles.

My favorite line is the random one where Zach Galifianakis is trying to remember the title of Three Men and a Baby and describes it as the movie with Ted Danson, Magnum PI, and that Jewish actor.

I also give this movie extra points for making it cool to wear a baby carrier.

On another note, SHR just picked up some baby sunglasses today. Sweet!

Directed by Todd Phillips
2009
Court St.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo shocked you had to like it a bit less than others. left handed positive review if I have ever seen.

chris larry

Listmaker said...

geez, all i said was that it wasn't the best movie ever made. i liked it. i liked it. uncle.

Jim said...

Unless I'm forgetting something really great, I'd say this was my favorite movie I've seen in the theater in at least a year. Not that I can think of any other movies I even saw in the past year right now. But I really laughed my ass off.

Listmaker said...

i'm pretty sure that if i saw this while sitting next to chris larry, it would have been my favorite movie of the year.

if i had seen it with chris on one side and a giggling balgavy on the other, it would have been my favorite movie of all time.