Monday, June 15, 2009

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay

I liked the first Harold and Kumar quite a bit. This one - not so much. Granted, the title of this film is one of the best of 2008 by far. But other than that, this movie could easily be fit into a two minute highlight reel.

In fact, I started watching this over three months ago back when I was a Cinemax subscriber. I watched the first half before giving up. I canceled that channel back in March. When I saw that it was on HBO, I recorded it in order to finish it. The main reason I did this was because Jason told me that there was a funny scene near the end where the boys crash land and smoke weed with President Bush. That scene and the first five minutes were passable. The rest is pretty not funny. Although the "death" scene of Neil Patrick Harris made me almost smile.

Directed by Hayden Schlossberg and Jon Hurwitz
2008
Cinemax and HBO

2 comments:

Gamera said...

I disagree. I thought this was just as good and just as stupid as the first one. or at least close. plus it features that amazingly stupifying "my dick/your dick" song which is both atrocious and hilarious. the george bush dude creeped me out but that was probably mostly intentional.

Listmaker said...

perhaps i thought it was funny once and thought the same jokes were tired the second time.