Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tell No One

A dude's wife is murdered. Years later, she begins to contact him through the internets but tells him not to tell anyone because they are watching. Very Hitchockian, right? Eh, whatever. It kind of reminded me of another French overrated hype from a few years back, With a Friend Like Harry. The ridiculous plot twists keep piling up on top of each other and then the film ends. Blah.

The film did have a few things going for it though. I did like the first 30 minutes or so. They kind of reminded me of Michael Haneke's Cache. The cinematography is great and one of the villains is a super scary female killing machine. Overall though, this movie is majorly overrated.

Directed by Guillaume Canet
2006, US Release: 2008
Blu-ray

1 comment:

mas said...

I have been waiting for you to see this so I could determine if I was wrong in feeling completely underwhelmed. Halfway through, I didn't care what happened to the main guy anymore and none of the supporting characters were particularly compelling either.