Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Edge

The first time I saw this was at a shitty little theater in Sunnyside, Queens right after I moved to New York. Balgavy, Alex J and I were enthralled by the manliness of it all.

The second time I saw it was on video in a cabin at Mt. Baker, WA as part of a great snowboarding, hottubbing, venison eating weekend with Sam U and a cast of thousands including my cousin Jason.

The third time I saw it was a few weeks ago. Jason and I freaked out with glee. SHR thought the movie was a dumb boy movie.

Much like Grand Theft Auto makes me want to pull people out of their cars and beat the living daylights out of them, this movie makes me want to kill the motherfucking bear!

All these years later, this scene still inspires me! Say it with me! What one man can do, another can do!



Directed by Lee Tamahori
1997
Cinemax

2 comments:

Gamera said...

Thanks for posting this. One of the greatest regrets in my life is that i missed this one scene after you talked it up so much. i was watching this movie with hott mama and my mama and for some reason i had to leave the room for a brief period and when i came back i had missed this scene. oh the gods were against me that day. In your face, movie gods!

lachimafilms.com said...

i can watch this movie again and again and again...

i'm gonna kill that motherfucking bear!