Monday, February 02, 2009

In Bruges

I was very much against seeing this movie. I hated the preview. Hated it. It reminded me of a Guy Ritchie movie. I hate Guy Ritchie movies. Granted, I've never seen one but I don't think I have to see one to hate them.

But Mitch saw this and liked it a lot. So I gave it a chance. And, guess what? I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

It's not great by any stretch of the imagination but it is clever, well-paced, shot well, and downright fun. Maybe I should give a Guy Ritchie movie a chance. Nah, those look stupid.

Directed by Martin McDonagh
2008
Cinemax

1 comment:

mas said...

That's the way I felt - better than expected. Saw it at Cobble Hill for 6 bucks on a rainy day, so it was a win-win. By far the least annoying Colin Farrell performance I've seen.