Monday, January 12, 2009

Salesman

I've wanted to see this movie for ten years and over my winter break, I finally got around to actually seeing it. It was well worth the wait. I loved it. I want to watch it again right now. Rent this. It's perfect.

The film is about traveling Bible salesman in the late 60's. Some are simply hard working blokes. Some are real shady like. But it's all about making a buck so all's fair in a sales pitch. The movie alternates between the guys shooting the shit while playing cards, attending salesman conventions, driving around looking for sales, and many scenes of trying to close the deal. I couldn't get enough of watching these guy try to convince people to lay out a lot of money for the new edition of a brand spanking new illustrated bible. Illustrated! What home wouldn't be enriched?

I can't stop thinking about this movie. Every single moment is entertaining as hell. The 85 minutes were way too short. I wanted more.

Check out the trailer.



Directed by Albert Maysles, David Maysles, and Charlotte Mitchell Zwerin
1969
DVD

2 comments:

thenoiseboy said...

I'm gonna check this out.

David said...

I saw this first in college and have rented it a few times since. Simply put, I think it's one of the best films I'll ever see.

dn