Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Joy Division

I wish that I had seen this before I saw Control. It would have greatly added to my enjoyment of that film. I didn't really know much at all about the band before seeing Control. That film felt a bit like it was made for people who already knew a lot about the band. This very good documentary would have given me the necessary background to more fully judge Control on its merits.

My only complaint about this film was that it went really heavy on how the band perfectly encapsulated Manchester. But it never really explained how or touched on it otherwise.

All around though, this was entertaining and well worth seeing if you have any interest in the band.

Directed by Grant Gee
2008
DVD

1 comment:

Mondale said...

Manchester is depressing, damp, northern, industrial, dark, gloomy. Shall I go on?

A. Southerner.