Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brazil

This is one of those movies that's fun to check in on every now and again. Re-watching this recently made me want to re-read 1984. Instead, I decided to read Brave New World. Apparently, I can't get enough of the future is going to be awfully fucked up type fiction. That reminds me - I haven't seen Blade Runner in awhile.

I don't really have that much to say about this movie other than it had been ten years since I'd seen it and the thing that stuck with me the most were some of the more spectacular visuals - in particular - the big operation/death scene. I had also forgotten about the brilliant propaganda posters peppered throughout the city.

Directed by Terry Gilliam
1985
Showtime

4 comments:

Gamera said...

this film blew my mind when i saw it and i can't wait to watch it again. dystopian tales are my favorite. have you read any philip k dick? i highly recommend it for your daily dose of a fucked up future.

Listmaker said...

i have not read any philip k but i'd like to.

Jason Curtis said...

This is one of Brian Curtis's favorite films. It confused me to no end as a child.

youthlarge said...

i think i was 10 the only previous time i watched. i was also very confused, but i loved it.