Thursday, October 09, 2008

Friday Night Lights

I wish that I had seen this before I had seen the television show because all I kept thinking about was how much I missed Kyle Chandler and how much I missed Mrs. Coach with a more modern haircut. I'm used to the show so this was odd for me.

That being said, this movie was very good. The template for the first season of the show (don't get me started on the second season) is all here. Plus some of the dumb stuff is missing. But also some of the really good stuff is missing too. In two hours, there's no room to show us anything about the coach's family. In fact, Billy Bob seems flat the whole time. He's no Kyle Chandler! Still, the story is so mindboggingly good and Berg's direction is so stellar, who cares about Billy Bob? I've got to get my hands on the book to get a more in-depth look at this story.

Boobie Miles!

Directed by Peter Berg
2004
DVD

1 comment:

youthlarge said...

i love mrs. coach, she has really come a long way.