Monday, October 13, 2008

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The first time I saw this was with my dad when I was nine-years-old or so. The second time was probably sometime in college. SHR had never seen it the whole thing so I was excited to watch it for the third time.

There were many scenes that I remembered vividly but I completely had forgotten about that strange montage on the way to Bolivia and all of the clowning set to Burt Bacharach.

Redford and Newman were so darn perfect together. So charming those two. So handsome, huh? The movie is timeless yet so late 60's. A nice combination.

I remember the first time I saw this, I was so upset about how it ended. I mean, really upset. How could such a charming duo find themselves in such a pickle?

Was this the first buddy picture?

Directed by George Roy Hill
1969
Cinemax

2 comments:

youthlarge said...

there is too much handsomeness in this movie, no wonder they got it in the end.

jjosh said...

I love love love the crazy montage in the middle...also the amazing speech by the old guy who tells B&S that they're gonna "die bloody."

My sister went to the town where they were killed in Bolivia when she was in the Peace Corps and said the bullet holes are still in the walls of that square...