Friday, August 01, 2008

Once Upon a Time in the West

Is this one of the best movies ever or what? The movie is perfect. Absolutely perfect. The cinematography is perfect. The landscape is perfect. The fight scenes are perfect. The Ennio Morricone score is perfect. The harmonica playing is perfect. Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, and Jason Robards are all perfect. The eye candy is perfect. The story is perfect. The dialogue is perfect.

Perhaps my favorite line in the movie is Jason Robards to Claudia Cardinale, "You remind me of my mother - she was the biggest whore in Alameda but the finest woman who ever lived."

If you haven't seen this movie, rectify that right now. This was my second time and I'm ready for a third.

Directed by Sergio Leone
1968
Cinemax

2 comments:

Jim said...

It is truly an amazing movie. To add one other point, Henry Fonda makes a great bad guy. I always thought of him being the conscientious, upstanding type, so it's eye-opening to see him as an evil motherf#$%er.

Emberlie said...

It is PERFECT!
I've seen i hundred times. At least.

Have a nice day!
/Emberlie