Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wall-E

If the second half was as good as the first half, this movie would be a modern classic. Still, the film is overall quite enjoyable. The first half is heartbreaking and a pretty damn great bit of filmmaking. Once the people are introduced, the movie loses some steam. No matter - for a kids movie, for a mainstream movie, this was pretty subversive and kind of twisted.

I was amused by the snippets of music from Star Wars, 2001, and Close Encounters. I loved the Eve - Eva bit. And the clever Mac product placement also made me smile.

Directed by Andrew Stanton
2008
Loews 34th St.

1 comment:

youthlarge said...

hey you took the words out of my mouth! the people factor knocked this off a pedestal of perfection, but it's still one of my favorites of the year. also thinking about how confused terry gross may have been while watching, makes me like it even more.