I wasn't a huge Batman Begins fan. I didn't like the Scarecrow. I didn't like the way the fight scenes were filmed. I didn't like Christian Bale's Batman voice. I was a bit bored by all of the setup.
I was excited to see this one because of the no setup aspect, the no Katie Holmes aspect, the no Scarecrow aspect, and glowing reviews.
Pluses (with a nod to MAS)
- Maggie Gyllenhaal was so much better than Holmes.
- I really liked the first scene in the bank.
- Heath Ledger was good. Loved the scene with him blowing up the hospital wearing a nurse's uniform.
- I liked the story for the most part.
- The BatCycle was awesome.
-I was genuinely surprised by a couple of the plot points.
- Bale's Batman voice still makes me cringe.
- Getting hit over the head time and time again with the political stuff. In retrospect, I like Iron Man a lot more on this front.
- The two and a half hours felt like at least three plus hours.
- The big action scene with the glowing Batman eyes was blah.
Overall, I liked this enough. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not a comic book guy at heart.
Directed by Christopher Nolan
Loews 34th St.
A Last Visit with Grandma Marilyn
19 hours ago