Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Untouchables

I don't think I had seen this movie since I was sixteen-years-old. I can not believe how much of it I remembered and how much I still liked it. This is a really good movie.

Remember when Kevin Costner was good? Remember when Robert De Niro was good? Remember how many great lines Sean Connery has in this movie? Oh man, I loved every De Palma-rific moment of this.

And that scene on the stairs at the train station is just as brilliant as you remember.

Before seeing this again, I didn't realize that David Mamet had written the screenplay or that Ennio Morricone did the amazing score. Go watch this movie again right now.

Directed by Brian De Palma
1987
Cinemax

1 comment:

msdee said...

I saw this movie and enjoyed it. I'm not abig fan of Kostner but this was one of his early stuff and he was good in it.
Fave scene- baby carriage rolling down the steps
Less fave- Robert Deniro wielding his basebal bat over some poor guys head