Monday, October 08, 2007

The Prestige

I liked this more than The Illusionist but that isn't saying much, now is it? Director Christopher Nolan jumbled everything all up a la Memento to the point that I wasn't ever really sure what the hell was going on nor did I really care to fully figure it out. Maybe it would have helped if I had watched this in one sitting rather than a number of viewings spread out over a few weeks.

Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, and Michael Caine were all good. I liked the twists and turns. I liked David Bowie. I liked looking at Scarlett. I liked the rivalry and the trickery and the water tricks. I just wish I had had the energy to figure out what was going on.

Directed by Christopher Nolan
2006
Starz

1 comment:

msdee said...

Ha! I liked The Illusionist more than The Prestige. Only negative about The Illusionist was the type casting of the bad guy. Rufus Sewell plays the bad guy in every movie I have seen him in except Dark City he was the nice guy sort of. But it is getting tiresome.