Friday, August 24, 2007

A Scanner Darkly

The animation on this and Waking Life look so damn cool that I wouldn't mind seeing every movie like this. In fact, the whole process almost made both Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder seem like they could actually act.

This movie was pretty damn intriguing. Reeves plays a drug addict (something called Substance D) undercover cop who is ordered to spy on his housemates. There's a whole lot of paranoia going on and a whole lot of government spying as well - a movie perfect for our times. I was a little confused at times but I figure if I read the book, things might become a little clearer for me.

Directed by Richard Linklater
2006
Cinemax

4 comments:

jamie said...

definitely read the book. it's pretty short and an easy read. i've got it if you'd like to borrow it.

Listmaker said...

thanks jamie, i'd love to.

youthlarge said...

i'm going to start keeping tabs on how many times you say "damn" on this blog.

Listmaker said...

damn, yo!