Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

I could watch one of these Bourne movies once a month and not get sick of them. They are so much damn fun. My one complaint about this one and the last one is that sometimes Greengrass and his herky-jerky camera in your face filming style makes it incredibly difficult to tell what the hell is going on.

For example, the fight in the flat that ends in the bathtub was almost impossible to follow. However, I did love the lack of music in that scene, very immediate and brutal in a good way. The chase scenes were breathtakingly good. That car chase blew me away and makes the latest Die Hard look even more stupid in comparison.

And the ending was pitch perfect as well.

If anyone can let me know what happened in the first 5-10 minutes in the comments section, I'd appreciate it. For some reason, Court St. decided to pull a BAM and start the movie early! We showed up right at 2:30 for a 2:30 showing and the movie had already started five or so minutes earlier. Usually, a 2:30 showing at this theater wouldn't start until 2:40 at the absolute earliest.

Directed by Paul Greengrass
2007
Court St.

No comments: