Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple

Completely fascinating. I'm so glad that I saw this movie. I knew a little bit about Jones and the People's Temple but not nearly that much. I think because I didn't know much about it made the film even more interesting to me. Wow. The film brilliantly traces the descent into insanity of Jones. It has been a few weeks since I watched this movie and I still can't stop thinking about it. The audio recordings of the last moments are chilling.

Directed by Stanley Nelson
2006
DVD

1 comment:

msdee said...

I saw this doc. and it was very frightening.I guess me being Pentecostal gave me a unique perspective on the whole thing. I watched his journey into madness myself and knew the exact moment where his craziness began and it was way before the average viewer would be able to detect, Taking the Word of God out of context is where it all begins