Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This Film Is Not Yet Rated

I liked the stuff about the history of the film board. I liked the stuff about the absurdities of the system and how it is geared to screw independent films. I also liked the parts where Dick received an NC-17 for this movie and then began to hassle the board about it.

But the other part about the detectives trailing the board members was silly as was too much of the tone of the movie itself. Not that Michael Moore or Morgan Spurlock would slum to do a movie of this sort, but it needed a better and more charismatic storyteller than Dick. I'm not upset I saw this movie but I sure as hell am glad that I didn't spend 11 bucks on it.

Directed by Kirby Dick (When SHR saw this guy's name, she said, "You've got to be kidding me."
2006
IFC Channel

2 comments:

youthlarge said...

I did?

Listmaker said...

something along those lines.