Friday, January 19, 2007

Miami Vice

As I type this review, the movie is still on. SHR is asleep on the couch. Yes, the movie is that good.

I had heard good things about it. I had read pretty good things about it as well. I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted to be entertained. Is that too much to ask of a Friday night DVD? Apparently so.

Any sort of respect I had gained for Mann after the enjoyable Collateral is gone. The dialogue is terrible. The acting is terrible. The plot is terrible. The movie is neverending. Then again, I am watching the 140 minute director's cut.

What the fuck? Is that a Mogwai song? I believe that it is. Whatever it is, it is much better than the "In the Air Tonight" remake that played a few minutes ago during some crucial shoot out scene.

Colin Farrell's hair is a joke. The chemistry between him and Gong Li is non-existent. When SHR was awake, she commented that Farrell was so boring, they should have just cast the fiftysomething Don Johnson instead.

Oh no, Jamie Foxx's girlfriend is going to die? No? He called the nurse. But she isn't dead. I don't know. I guess I should watch to figure out what's going on.

Hark, the movie just ended. Thank heavens.

Was it just me or did Justin Theroux not even have one line in the entire movie?

I will admit that the cinematography looked really great. And Herc from The Wire is in it.

And to be fair, I always kind of thought the T.V. show was kind of dull as well. But at least that was only 48 minutes or so and there was a crocodile on a boat in that one.

Directed by Michael Mann
2006
DVD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Fucking sucked.

surewhynot said...

I had an entire 24 hours to watch this movie (ordered it On Demand) and still couldn't get through it. I fell asleep, wandered off to get a snack, anything to break up the monotony/stupidity. Dumb!