Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Family Stone

This is what happens when I join Netflix and am willing to watch movies that I wouldn't have on cable simply because I can now watch it letterboxed. Because, honestly, I really wouldn't have fully appreciated this movie if I hadn't seen it in the way that the auteur Thomas Bezucha had intended it to be seen.

All kidding aside, this movie was A-Ok. Nothing special but I got a few laughs out of it and it was fine for what it was. This also has Marilyn R. written all over it. So, Mom, if you haven't seen it yet, make Stone Groove record it for you.

And if nothing else, see this movie because Rachel McAdams looks fantastic in a Dinosaur Jr. t-shirt.

Director: Thomas Bezucha
2005
DVD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to Rachel Mac in Dino Jr T.....

I liked this movie...decent ensemble family dramedy. And I am always pro a movie where the collest, nicest and most well rounded character is a pot head..

Anonymous said...

loved the first half but the movie kind of fell apart in the second half. i am a total sucker for ensemble family dramas.